While Milan fervor has cooled a bit, we are still reeling from all the wonderful design we saw last week. Here are some of our favorite upholstered seating designs from Salone del Mobile and around Milan Design Week.
1. Step DESIGNER: Vincent Van Duysen MANUFACTURER: Viccarbe
Clean and oversized, Step by Vincent Van Duysen for Viccarbe shines with contrast stitching and attention to detail.
2. Bikini Landscape DESIGNER: Werner Aisslinger MANUFACTURER: Moroso
This delightful vignette by Werner Aisslinger for Moroso, Bikini Landscape is playful and a treat for the eyes.
3. Traffic DESIGNER: Konstantin Grcic MANUFACTURER: Magis
Traffic by Konstantin Grcic for Magis has angles and lines that nod to modern design while bringing something entirely new to the design landscape.
4. Peg DESIGNER: Nendo MANUFACTURER: Cappellini
Such a simple detail, yet Peg by Nendos wood thread through upholstery is a pleasant and unexpected visual surprise.
5. Catch Chair DESIGNER: Jaime Hayon MANUFACTURER: &Tradition
Jaime Hayons signature curves are applied here in this luxurious side chair for &Tradition.
6. Cut Chair DESIGNER: Francesco Rota MANUFACTURER: Lapalma
A contract chair that doesnt abandon style and thrives on versatility, Cut Chair by Lapalma has an array of legs and finishes that make it suitable for any commercial interior.
7. Raw Edges DESIGNER: Kenny MANUFACTURER: Moroso
Inventive and visually brand new, Raw Edges form is defined by the very fabric its made of.
8. Sofa collection DESIGNER: Barber Osgerby MANUFACTURER: Knoll
A new classic, Barber Osgerby designed an architectural, yet soft and inviting Sofa collection for American favorite Knoll.
9. Talo DESIGNER: Sebastian Herkner MANUFACTURER: Sancal
What sets Talo apart is its unexpected upholstery details by wunderkind Sebastian Herkner for Sancal.
10. Brix DESIGNER: Kensaku Oshiro MANUFACTURER: Viccarbe
Another great form for commercial settings, Brix is generous and upholstered in seat and arm.
Top Ten articles publish every Tuesday. Email email@example.com if theres a category youd like to see.